Monday, November 1, 2010

Orphan no more!

Update from This morning:
They are coming home tomorrow! I'll let everyone know what time the flight comes in so if anyone wants to come. It will be evening, hopefully around 7.


Arina is no longer an orphan! I guess she hasn't been since court, but when she has to stay in the orphanage, she still seems like an orphan. She's outa there!!
It was so cool that the Browning family was there to meet their babies for the first time! I so remember that day, in that very room. Seeing Arina for the first time, and thinking she was so tiny!!
I got a phone call bright and early today, while I was still asleep. From a friend that Ray saw on facebook and asked her to call me and tell me to go skype with him. I had to wake the boys up, but as soon as I told them their baby sister was on the computer, they jumped right up.
They were loving seeing her, so close, making her sweet faces, and nodding at her hands. Oh I can almost feel her in my arms!
We are hoping he can find the right milk to give her. They give her porridge at the orphanage, so Ray didn't know what to give her. My ped said whole milk should be ok, and if she seems super spitty or gets diarrhea, then we could try soy. Wish daddy luck, as this is a little out of his league, he usually will let me decide that kind of stuff!
He's thinking he may be able to come home Wednesday. His facilitator thinks they can do the Embassy stuff in one day. She couldn't guarantee, so until I know tomorrow morning (5pm his time) I will wait to change his flights so I don't have to pay to change them twice.
Oh I can't even describe the feeling of knowing that daddy has her, and that soon she will be here. There's no euphoria like it!

22 comments:

  1. After a not so great day here this is JUST what I needed to read! Congrats! I have to laugh about Ray having to figure out the milk situation and everything else that is going to be new. I can't even imagine my husband having to do that on his own. I think I would be scared! He would do fine, I'm just a control freak. :-)

    Can't wait for you to hold her again and for this time for it to be in the states!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's wonderful news Lacey. I wish I could come to the airport to meet her but it is a little far to go from Australia :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So exciting!! She's almost home...finally!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So thankful she is with Ray. Can't wait to celebrate them being back home with all of you. Hope you have someone to take pictures & video of your homecoming!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations Arina - you are one lucky little princess!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. How adorable is she!!! You already have her dressed so cute!! The only thing that will be better than seeing this picture of Ray with her, will be seeing all of you together on US soil!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awwww I am feeling on top of the world right now. Ray looks so happy holding his litle girl, I know you must feel like you're missing out on this bit but she will be with you soon, in your arms!! Hang on not long to go. Oh and she looks soooo cute!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Rejoicing and celebrating and cannot wait to get my hands on that child!!!


    Ray left me the sweetest FB message.Made me cry.

    ReplyDelete
  9. O Lacey, Ray's face just says it all! Congratulations to all of you..... she's coming home!!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. So incredibly happy for you all!!!!! can you even think about what Christmas will be like!!! I get goosebumps...

    Love and hugs!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hoooray! I have NEVER seen a prouder Daddy! Congrats to the whole family!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Happy tears from me! Wow, I'm just so happy for you and your family! Your hubby looks just on top of the world holding his little girl! Congratulations Rugg family!

    ReplyDelete
  13. How exciting!!! Soon....VERY SOON! So happy for you guys! I can't wait to see family pictures! I wish that I could be there to welcome her HOME, but I'll be there in spirit! Big Hugs!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Its been such a LONG journey for you guys and she is almost home, soooo happy! Can't wait to see pictures of the welcome home party!! Wish we could be there! But know that we are overjoyed for you and your family! Your baby girl is almost home!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. So glad she is coming home! Congrats!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I am so, so excited for you all, and for Arina to be home!!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I'm so excited for you! She will be blessed to come home to an amazing family.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh myyyy exciting!! She is now a permanent part, finally all done. Congrats Lacey, have a blast with your little girl & don't forget to share pics!

    ReplyDelete