Sunday, October 3, 2010

Time is ticking by

Sorry, no new pictures today. We are staying in an apartment where we have to use their computer, not our laptop, so I'm downloading all my pictures on somebody elses computer. Some people in Ukraine will rent out their apartments for adoptive families for extra money. So we basically kicked these people out of their home for a few days. I tried deleting my pictures off that I have taken so far, but they keep coming back. The majority of stuff on this computer is still in Russian so reading it is impossible. 

We had our third visit with our baby girl this morning. Again she is bundled so much that she can barely move. Her clothing today: A long-sleeved sleeper jammy, thick tights over that, the thick, pink pants and top over that, and socks over her feet. 3 layers, and that is indoor clothing! She is still very quiet, but today she was extremely cuddly. I think she is realizing that we cuddle with her and she is loving the attention. It breaks my heart to leave her for 10 days. I don't want her to think these people that came and loved on her just up and left, but once she's home for a while she won't even remember that. 

And I'm sorry that I never said what happened with Jax. Last Thursday, I believe, he was making strange noises from his trach. When at Auntie Boo's he did it again, but it got louder and louder. Then he acted like he couldn't get any air and started thrashing around. She tried suctioning him, but it got worse and he turned blue and limp. Somewhere during all this her son called 911. They used saline and was able to get him breathing again. They took him to the hospital but he was fine and came home that night. They were saying it was a plug, which is just weird to me because I've never experienced that with him before. The next day she took him to my ped, where he did it again but not as severe. She sent him straight up to the ENT to see if there was scar tissue in his trach. That all looked fine but she admitted him overnight to make sure he was ok.  He is home now and doing fine, but it still just makes me want to go home and never leave my boys again. 

I must be such a pansie! The boys are fine at home. When I talk to them on the phone, none of them cry or say they miss me, which is just fine with me because it helps make being gone a lot easier. Me and Ray definitely are having a much harder time then they are. That is why we decided to come home for the 10 day wait. We really don't have the money to fly again, but we'll have to dig it from somewhere because I need to come home. Yeah, Sunday is ending, only 2 more days until court, then we go back to Kiev for one night. Then we have to be at the airport at like 2:30 in the morning Thursday to fly home. I can't wait to see my boys, go to movies, and our favorite places to eat. Is so cold here right now, that we can't really explore because we freeze. We didn't bring near enough warm stuff. It was 80 in Utah when we left, and the other day they said it was 80. I can't wait to get back to that weather!

14 comments:

  1. I'm so glad Jax is doing better. I can't even imagine how stressful that would be...being so far away and having him in the hospital! You are such a strong person. I don't think you give yourself enough credit! And the pics of your little girl...just precious! You must be SO excited! Praying for everything to go smoothly and for a stress-free flight home!

    ReplyDelete
  2. you are not a pansy! you're a mother who's missing your children, nothing wrong with that! And soon as you come back and scoop up your beautiful Makayla (or what her real name is) she won't even remember the 10 days you and Ray went home....
    Your strength is amazing...even if you don't realize it....

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would be the same way without my boys! You are stronger than me! You at least gave it a great try! Having 10 days home with them will be good for all of you! Then, you can go back for your sweet girl and all be together soon! Hugs!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am expecting a picture overload once you get back home and to your own laptop!!! It's so normal to be missing your boys especially with all the additional worries of Jax and everything that seems to be going on with him. But you are doing this for one of your own, for your daughter so being with her should make you feel o.k. till you get home. Don't worry she is too young to even feel like you guys came, loved her and then left, before she knows it you'll be back.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ugh, that's got to be so hard to be away from Jax and hear that he's having an issue. I hope it doesn't repeat and that you can rest easy for the remainder of your stay until you can come back home to him!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can only imagine how difficult it has been to be away from the boys.Especially Jax.

    Your in the homestretch friends and we are all so very,very excited for the day that you are all together .. your family of 6!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are pretty much amazing. I tell everyone about you. I know I couldn't do it. It will all be so worth it here pretty soon! Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  8. It is very normal to miss your boys and want to go home, don't feel bad about that and your baby won't remember I hope the rest of your stay goes good and that jax is ok

    ReplyDelete
  9. I haven't commented for a while but we have known about you guys trying to get this sweet little angel to join your darling family. We are so excited for you :) She is beautiful. You are such remarkable parents and truly inspire so many people around you. Glad to hear Jaxson is back home and doing fine too. Best of luck in the next week. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  10. I can't imagine being away from Claire for that long. I'm glad to hear that Jax is better and hope he continues to behave himself until you get home!

    ReplyDelete
  11. No Lacey, you are not a pansy. You are a Mom, who is missing her kids that doesn't make you a pansy at all!

    Safe travels back to the states.

    ReplyDelete
  12. You are so brave! Hardly a pansy at all! Being away from all your kids, especially Jax with his "stunts" has to be so hard! I can't even imagine. And then to have to leave your sweet baby girl and all this waiting! I don't know how you do it. It's going to be so amazing when you're finally ALL together!!!! HUGS.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I am so glad to hear that Jax is back at home and doing better. Before you know it, you will ALL be home! Thanks for the heads up on the weather. I saw online it is a high of 50 degrees.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lacy, I feel for you. I think you are very strong and brave (and in love with your new daughter) to be so far away from your other kids for so long. If I was in the same position, I wouldn't be able to function throught the tears. As it is, I am not willing to leave my 4 year old "typical" daughter for our trip, never mind a mecially fragile child. You are doing the best you can, and I think you're doing well.

    ReplyDelete