Monday, October 25, 2010

Back in Ukraine!

Daddy and Dzia Dzia (grandpa) made it safely to Ukraine last night. Ray says his dad is in heaven! His family is from Poland, Dzia Dzia is polish for grandfather, and he loves being in a country so close to his. I guess the driver spoke some Polish so they talked a little to each other. Today they didn't do much, as the birth certificate place is closed on Monday. So they did some site seeing, I guess they walked a LONG way, talked to some teenagers, one was a hip hop dancer that wants to move to the states to persue his dancing career. They exchanged emails and facebook info!
Tomorrow bright and early at 5:30, they will head down to Arina's region. Get the court decree, her birth certificate, apply for her passport, and I believe get her busted out then! Wahoo, I can't believe it.
Just think, she has no idea that this is her last night sleeping in a crib alone, with no family. Tomorrow she will have two men wrapped around her little finger!
Carter has been asking me the cutest, 7 year old questions.
The first one he asks a lot is, if she is crying in her bed, can I go in and get her out?
And the other is, can I get her dressed by myself sometimes?
Too cute!!

10 comments:

  1. AHHH! Is this Finally really happening??? YAYAYAYYA! Im super excited for your family. Im glad they got there safe. Is saturday still homecoming day???

    ReplyDelete
  2. YEAH! So glad they made it safely! So excited she will be home with you all forever soon!
    Carter is so cute. I bet he will be climbing in her crib with her just like Aidan does to Alayna, it still melts my heart when I walk in and he is laying down with her reading or singing with her.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Arina is one lucky little girl. Wonderful big brothers, a new and devoted mommy and daddy, and grandparents. I can't wait to see her homecoming!!! Congratulations again!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. so happy to hear that ray and his dad are there and that arina will be coming home so soon :) yeah!!!! love carter's comments!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so so so very happy for you!!! I cant wait to see you all at home. You are very lucky parents! How's Jax?

    Be blessed

    Ashlee

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am so excited!! This trip seems to be going so much better than the first. I'm so excited for her to be able to play with her big brothers. I bet y'all can't make the clock go fast enough! What a happy post

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lacey! I am seriously typing through tears. I cannot believe it's all happening! She is YOURS! One more night baby girl in that lonely crib ... you will NEVER be lonely again!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You're so close to the finish line!!! Please email me (if you're not going to post it) when their flight gets in - I would love to greet them at the airport with you :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Finally the finish line in sight. Happy to hear Ray's dad is enjoying himself. Must be a great experience for him. Oh Lacey can't wait to hear about them arriving home. Take loads of pictures!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. YAY! She has no idea how blessed she is about to be! I hope she likes hugs and lots of attention! This is so heartwarming! I can't wait to see pics of her home with your family! Big Smiles and Big Hugs!!!

    ReplyDelete